It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net! †
It is the vision of Byrd Elementary to provide a safe learning environment for all students.
Mission and Beliefs:
The mission of Byrd Elementary School is to provide an education by highly qualified professionals that enhances accountability, respect, and self sufficiency through research-based instructional practices, parental involvement, and community support.
- Parents, teachers, students, community, and administration share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Every student is an important individual with his/her own intellectual, emotional, and social needs.
- Every decision concerning the work of the school should reflect the learning needs of the students,
- Positive relationships and mutual respect among parents, teachers and students enhance the students’ self-esteem.
- The school’s environment should be safe and physically comfortable to promote maximum learning.
- Students learn best when they apply their learning to meaningful concepts and demonstrate their understanding of knowledge and skills by being actively involved and challenged in the learning process.
- The school facility provides an environment that promotes appropriate integrated learning to all students and staff.